Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Volume slowly decreases with two slices open and not listening to a station

Mike KD2CJJ
Mike KD2CJJ Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I rarely listen with two slices open however this time I was focusing on getting my Mic configured using the FDX mode.

After about 10 minutes I started to hear the volume levels slowly decrease till I heard almost nothing then it increased.  Both the S meter and spectrum showed no difference thus why it seemed to me to be a volume issue.

When I changed to where a station was transmitting the volume quickly jumped back up to normal.  But if I left both in the white noise it would happen.  It was reproducible during the same session almost all the time.  When I closed one slice I have not seen this issue.

I will keep on the look out for this phenomenon but has anyone else seen this?

Comments

• K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Hmmm.  I'm wondering if you aren't seeing AGC action with one or both slices.  Check the volume and AGC sliders: image
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    If both slices are on the same frequency, you could be seeing phase cancellation, with he cycling rate equal to the (very small) difference in tuning.
  • Mike KD2CJJ
    Mike KD2CJJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    George,  I suspected this...

Jim,  I did.. In fact moving the AGC made no difference.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I don't notice volume slowly decreasing but I have noticed volume seems to favor my left or right channel slightly when I switch side bands.  Is this normal?  
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    In the case of split operations, for instance, should the tx slice have its volume muted the rx slice volume is louder. There was a question on this a year or so back. Similarly, if you were monitoring beacons on 2 or more pans each unmuted slice reduces the volume of other unmuted slices. I've never noticed a 'over elapsed time' decreasing volume.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.