Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

install psdr for F1500 using windows 10

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭
I finally decided to setup the F1500.  I downloaded the latest version of PSDR ver 2.7.2.  During the install of PSDR the following - see attached.  I continued with the installation, however, one thing I noticed was that I did not see a com port associated with the USB to the F1500.

PSDR does come up, however, there is no data on the panadapter.  This is a relatively new computer which never had PSDR installed previously.  Any thoughts?   

Don

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    When you installed PowerSDR, you selected the option to do a restore point.  Your PC is not running Windows scripting which is required to execute the restore point.  

Uninstall PowerSDR, using the complete uninstall option at the end of the un-installation process, reboot the PC and re-run the PowerSDR v2.7.2 installer, but do NOT select the option to create a restore point.

And, there is no comport associated with the USB as it is not used in that manner.  From a Windows perspective, it is used as an audio device.  This KB article may be informative in determining if the 1500 drivers are installed properly.  http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50479.aspx

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thanks Tim.  That took care of the problem and it looks good in Device Manager.  Now I have to setup VAC.  If I recall, I thought I could use the serial ports setup by FlexRadio VSP as long as I don't have the 6700 on.  Is that correct?

Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.