Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Loss of signal on my Flex6500 again

Options
Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
following the instructions on the Flexradio repair page, I'm listing my problem to the Community in case I'm doing something wrong.

Comments

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

On the Service Page of FlexRadio it says to list my problem here FIRST before contacting Service.

I've lost transmitter output power again. Full receive capability, just as good as before.

I do have power out on 80 & and a bit less on 40, but 10 through 30 doesn't even budge the output needle of the inline wattmeter.

Similar to last months issue.

I've powered down and rebooted with no improvement.

My inline voltmeter shows 13.91 volts in both receive or transmit modes.

Similar to last months issue.

Only difference is that I have power out on 80 and 40 this time.

So how do I transfer this to a service-repair issue?

Only low power JT65-JT9 operation the past few days.

For the record, 708-867-4731 Service Dept. please call

or  give me a phone number to call them please

bill@w9ol.com

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Bill - the Community is not how one requests official FlexRadio support.  Official FlexRadio support is always the provided by the HelpDesk.  We recommend using the community as an initial place to start because your issue may have a simple solution that can be easily provided by another user.

This is what you need to do.  Check your RF power output using the TUNE feature with the TUNE drive setting @ 100 into a dummy load.  Make sure the proper TX antenna port is selected.  If you have an external wattmeter you can use, that is all the better since to can compare it to the SmartSDR wattmeter.

Check your power output on all bands by tuning to the center of the band.  If the TUNE is generating full power, the radio is fine and you have a setting, such as the TX filter bandwidth or an input gain level that is not correct.

Or just I can convert this Community topic into a HelpDesk request if you like.  Just let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.