Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Help setting up N1MM function keys for phone with Flex 6300?

John AD6NR
John AD6NR Member ✭✭
edited November 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows

I need a "dummies" guide to setting the up N1MM+ function keys for phone messages with my Flex 6300.   The one by WD5IYT for CW was excellent.   I have carefully read both the N1MM and Flex documentation but I just don't seem to be able to get them work.  Any help would be much appreciated.   John AD6NR

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    The easiest for me is:

1. Open N1MM+
    2. Have a Microphone connected to your computer.
    3. Click Config

4. Inside the Config menu click on Logger+ Audio Setup
    You should get to this screen

5. In the Playback tap select DAX Audio TX1 (You have to have DAX enabled in the slice and DAX1 selected and enabled for TX in the DAX control panel.)

6. In the Message Recording tab select your computer microphone. I personally prefer the audio recording I get this way. I use the same Mic that I use for the radio, a yamaha CM500 but I connect the mic to the mic input in the computer soundcard.

7. Close that window and now you are ready to record your messages.
    8. While in the main callsign input window pressing Ctrl+Shift+F1 will start to record the message for that F key from your microphone. You have to click Crtl+Shift+F1 again to stop the recording. This creates a wav file that will get played every time you press F1 key.

I normally record my callsign and the word contest. "8P9EH Contest"

You can go down the different F keys and record F2, the exchange, in my case in the CQWW my exch is "Five Nine Zero Eight". F4 would be your callsign alone "8P9EH" which you can use to repeat your callsign or to break into a pileup.

9. When you press F1 and if you have Run selected...

Your CQ call will get cycled until you press the ESC key in your keyboard.

10. You can press Ctrl+R in your keyboard and bring up the Repeat Time menu. I like the repeat at 4 seconds.

When you are done recording your messages remember to plug your mic back to your Flex from the PC.

Remember to have DAX enabled in the radio.
    HERE:

HERE

and HERE

And remember also that you can move that TX Gain up and down to get the proper audio out of the PC from N1MM+ auto call.

TIP: It takes a few tries until you get the recording just right. By using a headset you can have both hands free. I press Ctrl+Shift with my left hand and the F key I want to record with the Right hand. I just hold down both Crtl+Shift, and keep holding so I only need to press the F key to start and end.

I hope this helps!
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Did it work for you John?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.