Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Calling all RTTY mavens/experts

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in New Ideas
From what I read here, there are those who have no problems working RTTY FB and those like myself, who have problems. I have read many tutorials and done my best to set things up as best I can, but I am still confused by even the new Flex RTTY mode. I also suspect that I am doing something silly that seems to limit my success.

I wonder if somebody who does have some success using the mode to produce either a YouTube video or tutorial (RTTY for Dummies?) to help this particular dummy on the road to success. I am not asking for a detailed 'how to work DX' guide, but more for a basic how to get started guide.

TIA

Comments

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Guy, depending on the program you are using there are a lot of tutorials and infos on this forum. I wrote one for fldigi. I can use fldigi, DM780 of HRD, MMTTY, TrueTTY and RCKRtty. All work and are easy to install. Most problems are caused by virtual COM ports and conflicts within the OS. Creating an extra COM port pair and a PTT pair in SmartSDR CAT helps. Alex DH2ID
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Alex,

I have seen your tutorial and have used it for setting up (I have it saved to disk). It is not so much the setting up but seeing FLDigi being used that would be very useful.

I can get RTTY to 'work', but as I have never used RTTY before I do not know if I am doing something wrong or am expecting too much - I suspect the former ;-). I would expect some of the strong signals that I come across to decode much better than they do. If I cannot get the strong ones to decode, I would not expect to be able to do anything with the weak/DX ones.

Seeing a vid of somebody using the new SmartSDR RTTY mode would be more helpful than reading about it for example.

Mni tnx,

Guy

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Need more info... which RTTY program are you trying to use?

AL, K0VM
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    FLDigi, with the latest XML file applied.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.