Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RTTY MODE FLDIGI REV MODE ONLY

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
Hi Guys,
I have a problem to decode on RTTY mode with 1.5 release, now on FLDIGI i make a REV mode to decode, if I use MMTTY no need use REV mode why? where is a problem on FLDIGI?

Answers

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Frank, here is a link to what will solve your problem. The updated .xml files should be available soon from the fldigi author, but I simply edited the .xml files and it works well with no need to reverse the decoding with the LSB association.

73's

W7NGA  dan, San Juan Island, Wa.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/fldigi-rigcat-files-need-updated-for-rtty-mode

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Frank,

MMTTY, being a dedicated RTTY program, assumes LSB for RTTY, which is traditional and matches the new RTTY mode in SSDR.

FLDIGI, being a general purpose digital mode program, assumes USB for all modes UNLESS you press the Rv button or edit/update the .xml file, as Dan noted above.

In FLDIGI, also be sure to set the RTTY sweet spot to 2210 Hz as mentioned here:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/fldigi-rigcat-files-need-updated-for-rtty-mode

73, Bob, N7ZO
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The updated xml files for fldigi work really well here.Tuning is spot on.
    Just edit and paste Bob N7ZO's xml code into SmartSDR slice A and B xml file as the xml files on the fldigi download page have not been updated yet.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.