Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't find FreeDV waveform on computer after running installer app (V1.5)

Tim Lemmon
Tim Lemmon Member
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR CAT
Updated to v1.5 fine.  Downloaded and installed the FreeDV installer app and it ran fine.  (deleted the old version before upgrading to v1.5).  The no free DV slice box appears, but I cannot find the FreeDV.ssdr_waveform file on my computer where it's supposed to be.  Also when I try to remove the program (like I did an hour ago with the older version), it's not listed in the installed programs!  Yet the program is there and runs fine.  Checked the administrator account too, but same thing there.  Can't get waveform installed inside PowerSDR.  I've done this in the last version with no trouble.  Windows 7 clean installation on decent computer.  Anyone else solved a problem like this?

Answers

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    If you run the installer, it puts the GUI bits into it's own folder and drops the freedv.waveform into %AppData%FlexRadio SystemsWaveforms

On my computer its located:
    C:Usersk6ozy_000AppDataRoamingFlexRadio SystemsWaveforms

Click on Start -> Run.  Type in %AppData% and then browse to the folder above.

This isn't really necessary because all you have to do after running the FreeDV installer is to go into SmartSDR, click on File -> Waveforms.  Then click the install button.  It will open a dialog box in that exact folder.   Highlight the FreeDV waveform and click Open.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    FWIW, the release notes say to install 1.5 before deleting the older versions of FreeDV. I don't know how important this is, but rest assured, I will do it in the order advised.
  • Tim Lemmon
    Tim Lemmon Member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks Elmer.  I may not have made myself clear in the original post.  I have already looked in that folder, and it is empty.  Empty.  No file in there at all.  Perhaps I can get someone to send me the file directly, and I'll manually put it in there?

• Tim Lemmon
    Tim Lemmon Member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks Guy.  Yep I deleted both 1.4 and the old FreeDV before installing 1.5 software.  Seems intuitive to me!  I should have read the release notes better.  I appreciate your input.

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I don't know how important the order actually is, but no doubt FRS would have used a REALLY BIG FONT if it were a mission critical step.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.