Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSB Sprint

Pat WW9R
Pat WW9R Member
edited September 2015 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
This was my first contest with my new Flex 6300.  Wow, what a nice receiver!  Contesting with brick wall filters, a panadapter, and smooth sounding audio makes a SSB contest fun. One of my grandsons stayed over night so I didn't get on until the second hour.  It was great to hear so many Al's and Alan's out there in honor of KO7X.  I can't wait until the SO2R box is available.

By the way, the Flex Control was well worth the added cost.  I would recommend it to anyone thinking of getting a 6000 series radio.  

80   34 Q's    8 Sec
40   43 Q's  13 Sec
20   31 Q's  20 Sec

Total  108 Q's  41 Sec  for 4,428 points  and a lot of fun.

Pat  aka "Al"
WW9R

Comments

• km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015

I concur. This was my first sprint effort and it is very rare that I do ssb testing, however, I had a blast with my 6300. I was limited to 100w and a multiband dipole @ 35 , but the HD panadapter  is an excellent tool to scan the band at a glance to pick out the strong sigs. In addition, 80m and 40 m are so quiet via the 6000 series receiver they are a blast to use. Now only if other stations could hear me as well as I hear them, but better antennas and an amp would go a long way in helping with that.

Band     QSOs     Pts  Sec
       3.5        18           18    0
         7         26           26    8
        14        68           68   37
     Total      112        112   45
    Score: 5,040
    1 Mult = 2.5 Q's

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.