Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Set Memory Frequency

Doug - K3TZR
Doug - K3TZR Member
edited August 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
When updating an existing Memory entry by sending the following to the Radio:

memory set 15 freq=14.234432

I later discover that the frequency of the Memory was actually set to 14.2344 (i.e. the number was rounded to the nearest 100 Hz). This seems to happen regardless of the Memory''s "Step" value and/or the current Step setting of the Radio.

If I restart, causing the Memories to be sent to me again, I receive the following:

S4E4E2322|memory 15 owner=K3TZR group=TestB freq=14.2344 ......

Which shows the rounding.

If I edit the Memory's frequency in SSDR, it allows me to enter down to the 1 Hz level however subsequent Status messages have the frequency rounded to the 100 Hz level.

EDIT:

After experimenting with this I've found an easy way to demonstrate it.

Tune the radio to something like 14.234567
Open the Memory window and press ADD
The memory ADDed will show the Frequency in the Memory window as 14.234.600
The radio will still be tuned to 14.234567

If you have another Memory, select that one (e.g. 15.000.000)
The radio will tune to that frequency
Now select the previous one (the one that says 14.234.600)
The radio will now be tuned to 14.234.567   NOT   14.234.600 as shown in the memory

I hope that helps you to see the issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.