Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 hardware revision?

KC8P
KC8P Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in New Ideas
Hello,

I'm going to try the Flex 6300. It would be my first SDR and I would like to buy a used one.

I have one offer, the owner says that the radio is over 1 year old - May 2014.

I was wondering if there is any hardware difference between most recent models and the earlier?

Thank you
KC8P

Comments

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    The 6300 is fine except for random clicks and pops when using QSK CW. If you aren't using it for that, go for it. I doubt if you will find out of hardware changes were made. 
    6500 is great though!
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    No changes.
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    George, you sure you're correct on "No Changes", seems ( I had two, so I know first hand) somewhere along the way Flex corrected the xmit audio, or at least claims they did. I asked when, based on build date or S/N change was made and never received a firm answer. FWIW both of the ones I had were early units. I may get another 6000 one day, but don't think I want to try another 6300 :)
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    None to my knowledge, If you can get it at a deal price go for it and don't look back.
    I am having a lot of fun with mine and a few of my buds. Excellent rig!

73'  Clay N9IO
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Mario, I have just returned from vacation in Asia and came home deciding to sell my 9 month old Flex 6300. It is in perfect condition, has the optional ATU (antenna tuner) and I will be selling it relatively cheap to help finance a new 6500. Contact me if interested.

W7NGA
    San Juan Island, Wa.

• KB4AAA
    KB4AAA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    W7NGA Are you still looking to sell your 6300? I am looking for a used 6300
  • KC8P
    KC8P Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks guys I've decided to with 6500

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.