Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is Direct connection to computer fixed in latest version 1.4.16

Ed Brenner
Ed Brenner Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I am currently running version 1.4.3. This requires that the radio be cabled to the computer via my cable /wifi box. Does the latest version cure the problem so you can cable direct to the computer?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    If your problem's root cause is what we addressed in 1.4.11, then yes that defect was resolved
  • Ed Brenner
    Ed Brenner Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Not sure what your change was in Version 1.4.11. In the version I am running it was an IP address problem when connecting direct. I guess that it was taken care of in version 1.4.11 which I never downloaded. So I should be able to connect  direct if I down load the latest and greatest , Correct?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Install 1.4.16 first, update the firmware and then try the direct connect. That is the safest way to proceed.
  • Ed Brenner
    Ed Brenner Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the answer, and quick turn around! I am a  fairly new operator ( but old 61) and throughly enjoying it. It really helps when I run into a problem and have a radio that the people stand behind. Thanks ED KM4HPN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.