Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 High SWR fault protection

Does anyone know if the 6300 has automatic fault protection for excessive high SWR? Will it stop transmitting to protect itself if the SWR exceeds a certain point?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    Yes.  If the reflected power is high enough.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015

I was looking for an answer while you replied. I do not doubt your answer but what I found seems conflicting because it implies a manual intervention. I was also gonna say I think my flex has auto shut down once for a temporary excessive high swr event but was looking for documentation to back that up before I did.

• WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016

I'm ashamed to say this... But, I can tell you that 100W on 20M into a retracted SteppIR caused my F6700 to protect itself from my stupidity by rolling the power back to almost 0 (zero) while the SWR was hard into the 3.0 on the 6700's scale! (I didn't even look at the indicator for about 3 calls on a net) 

Shame, shame... GREAT Radio!

73's all

de Mike WA6FXT

• Terry T
    Terry T Member
    edited July 2015

I have done the same with 40 and 80 antenna's switched, how **** can I be.

Terry

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.