Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmitting off frequency - again ... updated info

Ken - VE5KC
Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
edited August 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
Further to my previous posts -
https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/transmitting-off-frequency

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/transmitting-off-frequency-again

Tim, I appreciated the information you provided in the previous post!

With taking a short holiday and working on moving  in a few days, I have not had a lot of time to look into the problem much.. I had put it on the list to check out later when things settle down.. after putting up new antennae etc.

So much for that plan, today SmartSDR and/or my 6500??  decided to do the same transmitting of frequency thing..

This time the transmit profile was set to "Default", the same as it has been in the past, where it had been working fine.

Trying to find a fix, based on some of my previous experience with this, I changed to another TX profile.. With a different TX profile, when I transmitted, I was back on frequency.  Next for a test, I changed back to "Default" profile and the TX was fine, back on frequency as it should be.

So it seems there is no logic to what is happening..  Some kind of software glitch.. I know it happens..  I know the work around.  I just have to keep a watch for when it happens... Strangely, so far no one else seems to be having this problem..

I don't have the time to work on looking into the problem at this time. The move is on and it could be a few weeks before I am completely back on the air.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.