Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

loss of smart band/mode switching?

G8ZPX
G8ZPX Member
edited January 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi, yesterday I upgrade to the latest SmartSDR 1.4.16, and a few days earlier I also dumped MiniDeluxe in favour of DDutil.

However, I now have a problem in that a nice feature has been lost. My system used to remember the appropriate mode for a band. i.e when I clicked a cluster spot in HRD for say 17m SSB it put me on USB mode, and LSB for a 40m SSB spot etc. This no longer works and is a great loss.

Need to do more tests, so far I am not sure if the problem if smartsdr or the changing from Minideluxe to DDUTIL....just wondering if anyone else has observed this?

73 de Steve G1XOW

Answers

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    You can designate the mode you want in DDutil using the LPT pane to execute a macro for the chosen band segment.  Example: create a band segment such as 14000 to 14069, then execute a macro that chooses CW using the ZZMD command.  My logging program uses similar band segments to execute the mode but it is possible just within DDutil.  73s Jim K4JAF
  • DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    How old is your HRD?  They used to have this problem, but fixed it in newer versions.  I use DDUTIL 3 and the mode and frequency change when I click a station in the DX cluster. (My 1k FA amp also changes bands and regulates the required TPO into the amp.)
  • EBSDallas
    EBSDallas Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Steve:

I'm having the same problem. I recently found it necessary to install a new system drive and upgraded SmartSDR to v1.5.1.152, DDUtil to v3.2.2.05 and HRD to v6.3.0.466 under Win7x64.

SmartSDR no longer preselects the right mode, HRD doesn't track the mode when adding a new contact even though it does track the frequency properly.  And at random times, clicking on a spot causes odd tuning behavior i. e. if a spot is on 7.030.000 it will tune to 7.033.000.

Everett
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.