Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 5000A Flexwire HF band data

Steve
Steve Member
edited March 2017 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
Does the Flexwire data stream include the band data for the HF bands? If it does - I'd like to use one of K3TUF's interface boards to control the Low Pass Filter board on my home brew HF amp.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    No, PowerSDR does not have logic for reporting HF bands via I2C from the FlexWire port.
  • Steve
    Steve Member
    edited July 2015
    Then how does the Heros HF presellector get its tuning data? Seems to me that HF band data is exactly what it needs in order to operate correctly. Perhaps there's something else going on?

Thanks in advance for your response.

73 Steve KG4LJB.
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Steve, 
    You can use the FlexWire board on HF by using DDUTIL.  You will have to change the address on the board, but that works on HF.
    Phil
  • Steve
    Steve Member
    edited July 2015
    Phil,

I am trying to find an alternative to using DDUTIL. After considerable effort - I cannot seem to get it to auto load - either with Power SDR or with windows, and when manually loaded,  frankly it seems buggy and unstable.

I had hoped to buy an interface board from you (but I guess you are not getting my email) and skip DDUTIL altogether by getting the needed HF band data from the Flexwire connector.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to tap into the I2C clock and data lines of IC30 (the device that controls the 5000A's low pass filter relays) and send that data to an outboard PCA9555PW set for the same address. This should mimic IC30's output precisely, and give me the control data I need.

If you still have Flexwire interface boards for sale, I'd like to buy one!

73 - Steve KG4LJB
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Steve - I did the PowerSDR code maintenance for the past 4 years and there isn't any other alternatives I know of unless you want to modify the PowerSDR code to output I2C commands on HF band changes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.