Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

First Field Day after Flex

Options
n3licoslo
n3licoslo Member
edited April 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just got finished with my first Field day after my Flex 6300 arrived. Sirs, I have been ruined fo regular radios!

We used Radios that are no particular slouches, one a FT1000 Mk 5 Field, and the other a IC-756 Pro 3.

While my Flex sat at home. Not again!

I was so instantly addicted to the quality of the Flex's sound, the ability to easily notch what I didn't want to hear, pull signals out of the mud,  and the selectivity in general that using those other radios was actually unpleasant. 

Came back home and made a few side FD contacts to verify my reaction, and yeah, it was no fluke. 

I wonder if I can talk my club into some Flex radios?  Don't want to operate that other stuff any more.

Comments

• Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I discovered the same thing. The club was using K3's and while they seem like "nice" radios the performance and operation paled in my opinion to my 6300. The tiny little external panadapter is "cute" but hardly useful. :)

The saving grace was it had been raining for days and the field was muddy and everything in the tents were damp. So for that I am glad the Flex was nice and warm in its home. hehe
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I did use my Flex 6700 at Field day as did another club member, so we had two flex stations. One of the CW operators is an Elecraft K3 owner and he kept commenting on how good the filters are on the Flex. 
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    First for field too. Lots of Q&A. The one that sticks out most was how much Bandwidth can you see?

I opened it up on 4 bands on the 6500 and said there! (ALL of the HF Spectrum),

I seen lots of eye's light up with amazment there.

Hunt and pounce describes it well.

Flex-6500 Windows 10 beta and logbook worked great  and a non-issue

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.