Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The Flex Insider

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
What happened to my copy of the Flex Insider.  This is the second one I have not received.  Did my name get removed off the list and if so can it be put back on the list to receive the Flex Insider?

Best Answer

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    As mentioned previously, I have missed the last two editions of the Flex Insider.  I use a web based email client - Yahoo Mail - for my AT&T account.  The email either goes into the INBOX or into the SPAM folder.  I always check the SPAM folder to see if there is anything that I would want to keep/read and if so I move it into the INBOX otherwise I empty the SPAM folder.  At the end of the day I will then run Thunderbird to clear out the web based email still on the email server and save those emails worth saving. I have been receiving the Flex Insider from day 1 so I was quite surprised when my friend got his and I had not.

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Sometimes I find my copies of the Flex Insider in my spam/junk/trash folders in Thunderbird. Sometimes, they only get flagged with a warning, but end up in my inbox.
    Did you check those folders?
    73, Jay - NO5J  
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I first read the Insider from my mobile device. When I went to my desktop to finish reading it I noticed that Google had conveniently place it under the "Promotions" tab.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Some day machines may be able to protect us, and make our lives more convenient. After we finally figure out how to setup those machines correctly. image
    73, Jay - NO5J 
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

Hmm... would seem a question only yourself, your computer/software and perhaps FRS can administratively answer.

Sign up link from the website is http://www.flexradio.com/resources/flexinsider/

You might have to whitelist the flexinsider@flex-radio.com email address and possibly constantcontact.com as well. 

All best and 73,

Steve K9ZW

• James Whiteway
    edited June 2015
    Is there a new Flex Insider out now? Don't see it in my inbox. I usually have no problems getting it.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks Steve, I bet the whitelisting I just did, will fix my difficulties, and ensure it goes where I intend it to. I folder sort email with sieve, so I'm going to create a sieve filter that sends email from flexinsider@flex-radio.com into a folder called FlexInsider, and see if that will make the FlexInsider a little harder to lose.image 
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    And using Thunderbirds Search feature, I moved another 9 lost issues into my FlexInsider folder.image

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    When was the last one sent?
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I received mine at 11:35 PM Wednesday night (6/24/2015). I read it when I woke at 5am today.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Would you care to send me a copy using my call at arrl.net ?   Thanks!
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    The timestamp on mine was Wed, 24 Jun 2015 23:35:19, maybe it takes longer for out of state delivery. image
    I'm probably 19ms north of Robert.
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • James Whiteway
    edited June 2015
    Mine was buried amoung a bunch of stuff in my inbox. Didn't show till today. Even thought it had Wednesdays date! Guess my email didn't sync with my phone so well earlier!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Don - just re-signup for it using the web site so we have your current e-mail address  http://www.flexradio.com/resources/flexinsider/
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    thanks Steve and Tim.  I did re-signup.
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

BUT, I haven't received a Flex Insider in a very long time. Maybe, that has been dropped? The last one I recall was for the PowerGenius Amplifier and the Tuner Genius . No news is not always good news!

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.