Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB Microphone for your Station

Jay -- N0FB
Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in New Ideas
Earlier in the week, I purchased a Blue Yeti USB microphone for operations when I don't want to use a headset.  The Yeti provides 4 different pickup patterns by using its triple capsule array:  Omnidirectional, Stereo, Cardioid, and Bi-Directional (Front/Back).  I have found that using cardioid pattern on the mic and the "Default PR781" macro on SmartSDR provides very good results.

I'm very satisfied with the Yeti's capability when used with the 6300.image

Comments

• lyndy brannen
    lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Nice setup.
    I use a Blue Thunder Snowball USB mic.
    It looks goofy but does a fine job.
  • N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I use a Scarlet 2i2 USB interface and a Heil PR781 when remote or the PR781 plugs directly in the 6500 balanced line
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have two blue yeti's for remote and they work excellent for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.