Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Issue with ATU status message

Doug - K3TZR
Doug - K3TZR Member
edited October 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
The following is an excerpt from a log of messages received from the Radio hardware to my custom client program after performing a "normal" startup (initializeRadio). I'm only showing the ATU messages. Note that in the third and fourth messages that the "atu" string appears in the middle just after "TUNE_MANUAL_BYPASS" and just before the "memories_enabled".

Could this be a bug? Admittedly, my code is new and may not be correct but after looking at it for some time, I think I'm actually receiving what is shown below. I've actually logged it coming in from the socket before any processing is done in my code.

It looks as though the "_enabled=0" portion of the message immediately following the "atu" has been dropped.

It's very repeatable, I've done it multiple times with the same result.

c4|sub atu all

S7F0D191E|atu status=TUNE_MANUAL_BYPASS atu_enabled=0 memories_enabled=1 using_mem=0

S0|atu atu_enabled=1

S7F0D191E|atu status=TUNE_MANUAL_BYPASS atu memories_enabled=1 using_mem=0

S7F0D191E|atu status=TUNE_MANUAL_BYPASS atu memories_enabled=1 using_mem=0

Here's the sequence of commands that I sent to the Radio (they're in Swift but I think you get the gist):

commandToRadio("client program xxxx")
commandToRadio("client gui")
commandToRadio("sub tx all")
commandToRadio("sub atu all")
commandToRadio("sub meter all")
commandToRadio("sub pan all")
commandToRadio("sub slice all")
commandToRadio("sub gps all")
commandToRadio("sub audio_stream all")
commandToRadio("sub cwx all")
commandToRadio("sub xvtr all")
commandToRadio("sub memories all")
commandToRadio("sub daxiq all")
commandToRadio("sub dax all")
commandToRadio("info", callback: infoResponseCallback)
commandToRadio("version", callback: versionResponseCallback)
commandToRadio("ant list", callback: antListResponseCallback)
commandToRadio("mic list", callback: micListResponseCallback)
commandToRadio( "client udpport (vitaManager.vitaPort)")

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    Doug - this defect was recently fixed in one of the alpha versions we are testing for the next release.  So it will be fixed with the next general release of SmartSDR which should be coming soon.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited June 2015
    Thanks Tim. As I'm sure you know, when you're writing a new piece of software and something strange happens you're never sure whether it's your code or something external. As a newbie with Flex, I couldn't be sure it wasn't an error on my part. Glad to hear your team is on top of it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.