Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FM Squelch - is it my imagination is there a lot of break-thru noise occurring erratically?

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am having loads of fun playing with my DEMI 2M LDPA connected to my 6700. It's educational, looking at Repeater signals come and go throughout the day.

I have noticed that the squelch is broken during random background noise without any radio activity. Am I just not fine tuning the squelch settings enough, or is the squelch algorithm in need of some software "tweaks" in a later release.

Also, are there any plans to add a squelch control for non-FM modes?

Thanks!

Roy, AC2GS

Comments

• Mike
    Mike Member
    edited May 2015
    Roy: I have noticed the same thing. If I turn the squelch up enough, it seems to stop. I have planned to put a signal generator on the unit to see what the levels are, to see if it is a real problem, or if the adjustment just has too much range. . --Mike, WV2ZOW
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I entered a similar problem report just after getting FM on my 6700.  It seems there is a build-up of (something) that causes the squelch to break and then reset.  Adjusting the squelch changes the delay between breaks then stops them entirely.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.