Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panadapter status "capacity" "available"

Walt - KZ1F
Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in SmartSDR API
I am getting a Panadapter status message on the following unknown keys, what are they?

capacity
available

on a 6500, both have a value of 16

Answers

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    At some point, we will have a situation where there are more things that you can do in the radio than it can handle at once.  One option for us would be to permanently choose one set of things you could do and allow no more.  Another option is to have a "cost" for each item and prevent you from going over the cost.  For example, you might want to do a multiple DV slices, but you might not be able to do this at the same time as 8 panadapters, etc.  This was the original intent of this mechanism to say how many units were available in the panadapter code and how many were used.  Today, it reports this, but does not restrict operation to "positive" available results.  I do think this will get implemented in the future as we add more, but for now you can ignore it.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Steve.

I saw where FlexLib ignores it, so I just squirrelled it away.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.