Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem 1.4.11, please help !

IZ0CBB
IZ0CBB Member
edited May 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I installed the new version 1.4.11 but not working properly. The problem arises if the active filter NR, just lit happens:
1 I have no audio
2 smeter is freezes
3 After a few seconds the program shuts down.

Trying to restart the program, I find that I mentioned "Flex in use" with a red dot.
The only way to power is off and then turn on the Flex.
Please help.
thanks

Comments

• SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited January 2017

Please provide a couple of screenshots which show the software versions of the radio and SmartSDR.

I suspect you may need to downgrade to v1.4.3 and then reinstall v1.4.11.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Open a ticket with Flex Support.

You can try uninstall all Flex software, reboot, and install fresh with the 1.4.11 release. I had issues with DAX and Cat after upgrading without uninstall and the clean install resolved them.
  • IZ0CBB
    IZ0CBB Member
    edited May 2017
    I tried to download and install, a second time, the new version 1.4.11, but nothing has changed, same problem.This evening I will try to delete the version 1.4.3 with the "Install / Uninstall" of windows, when I put the 'latest version I have not done so to delete the old; in previous updates, however, I have never had similar problems, and I have never unistall the old version.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Completely uninstall all FlexRadio software then install 1.4.11.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I uninstalled all the Flex programs and version that were install not just SmartSDR. I had 1.4.3 and 1.4.11 as well as FlexVSP. You can put flex in the search at the top right of the Control Panel - Program and Features to list just the ones related to flex if that helps. Doing this should start you with a clean slate and any conflicts of older versions removed. If that doesn't do it then open a Flex Support ticket so they can troubleshoot. It helps them as well for identifying anything on their end that could be improved.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Did you do a reset on the radio? 
  • IZ0CBB
    IZ0CBB Member
    edited May 2017
    I have unistalled all the old version and I have installed again the new one, but nothing change: when I turn on the NR I have this message: 
    "The connection to the radio was lost, please reconnect"
    I can connect again because the programme say that the flex is already connected, so I need to restart the flex.

• IZ0CBB
    IZ0CBB Member
    edited May 2017
    No solution at the moment, Itried all the possibility but the problem persist !! 
    With the 1.4.3 I have no problem

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Have you opened a ticket with Flex support? Dayton is going on now so they maybe delayed in responding.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • IZ0CBB
    IZ0CBB Member
    edited May 2015
    Yes I have, and they are helping me, they are so kind and helpful, I'm try to write also here in the community maybe I can find someone with the same problem.
  • JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015

Lino, While you are waiting for a solution, you might try the following in case something was corrupted during the initial try at installing 1.4.11.

I'm assuming you are running Windows on a PC and not a Mac and most likely Windows 7.

Try doing a System Restore back to the closest image date prior to your 1.4.11 install. Then run SmartSDR 1.4.3 which will require a radio firmware downgrade. Complete that step and then shut down the radio and remove the power to the radio for 20-30 seconds. Reconnect the radio and see if all works as it should.

If the above works and is stable then try the 1.4.11 upgrade routine again without removing the previous version.

Worth a shot...

Jon

• IZ0CBB
    IZ0CBB Member
    edited May 2017
    Hi 
    i have restored the flex and I have resolved my problems, but today I discoverd that it is not true !! 
    Something is changed because I can use NR without problems, but only with bandwidth upper than 50.
    If I  tighten the bandwidth at 50 and I turn on the NR, the connection is lost again and I have the old problem. 
    Lino 

• JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Lino, Did you get an answer from Flex?
  • IZ0CBB
    IZ0CBB Member
    edited May 2017
    They responded to my email, they have a good helpdesk. I solved my problem by resetting 2 times the flex, something went wrong in the 'update in the radio and not the PC.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.