Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Behringer PL1 midi controller for Flex 6k

2»

Comments

• James Whiteway
    edited April 2019
    That software hasn't been updated in four years. It may work since it doesn't depend on the Flex API'S . It uses ethernet based commands and responses that can be found on FRS's website.( under software development) There are probably commands that have been changed. If so, you would have to write your own software for the Behringer. James WD5GWY
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I just purchased the Behringer PL-1 DJ midi controller off the QRZ.com swapmeet.
    I also downloaded the old version 0.3 software file shown above.
    When I receive the controller sometime next week, I will try the old software on
    my Flex setup and see if it works.   My Flex 6600 is running v2.4.9, so we will see
    how much has changed in the ethernet command protocol over the last 4 years.

FYI,

Neal
    N6YFM
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    More info;

William Hemmingsen, the original author, apparently does not wish to be contacted.
    His profile on this forum omits his call sign.   I was going to email him to ask a few questions,
    like if version 0.3 was the latest he ever did, and also what the "Processing IDE" is, since the source
    file looks like Java source.

Anyway, even though his profile omits his call sign, he signed one of his posts on these forums
    with his call.   I went to QRZ.com and looked it up.  He is still active, but lists no email in his bio
    on qrz.com.

So, if this needs any updates for current versions of SmartSDR, it is up to us to do so.

Good news, I downloaded the zero.3 version file that is linked above, un-zipped it, and
    when I was done fighting with Norton Anti-virus to tell it I really did want to keep a 4 year
    old file that had no reputation and zero users, I was finally able to execute the 64bit  version
    on my Windows 10 system.   It does come up and start the user interface, even though I have
    not received the Behringer controller yet.  SO at least the existing EXE seems compatible with
    windows 10, to the degree that it starts and looks like the controller.   Obviously, more testing
    is needed when I receive the midi controller shipment next week.

Final note tonight, after looking at the source code and playing with google, I think the
    two source code files might be used with this development environment:  https://processing.org/

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.