Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v1.4 starts with no visable slice open.

Mike
Mike Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Using Flex 6300 running V1.4 on a Window 7 laptop. When I first start smartsdr it comes up without any panadapter. I have to close smartsdr and start it again to get a panadapter. I have also had it lock up on me when I was looking at the internet for about ten minutes. When I came back to smartsdr the screen was locked up. I still had audio from the radio.

Comments

• Raf
    Raf Member
    edited December 2016
    Happens to me periodically too using my 6500, but instead of restarting Smart SDR why not click on add pan adapter on the tool bar below left?
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    This happens to me as well, but only if using my laptop on remote.
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    happened to me as well yesterday, I just load a profile to get it going again
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    For me that has failed more times than it worked and when it worked it took close to a minute for the pan to materialize. After, I did not have any A slices, every new slice was a B, and subsequent slices were C and D. It happened to me a few times on 1.3.8, prior to remote, but more frequently on 1.4.x
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I opened an issue on this some weeks back too. I believe what is happening is the method invocation in radio.cs to display the pan, fails and, I believe, it fails with a unable to get a receiver error, which explains why if a manual create a new pan actually works it comes up with a B slice, this is after a fresh startup so it is not like the A slice is already in use.

I am especially glad now there are five other people acknowledging they also have this issue.
  • Paul  KB3ML
    Paul KB3ML Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

I had the same problem until I loaded 1.4.3.

I have not seen it again.   

• Raf
    Raf Member
    edited October 2016
    Seems to me as though it might be more PC related than a bug in Smart SDR. I have an HP 2.2ghz, 4gigs memory desktop with a Nvidia GE 610 video card. This happens to me about once in every 20 Smart SDR launches and will work flawlessly when I open a panadaptor from the tool bar.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Interesting Raf. It happens here less frequently than 1 in 20, but it sometimes doesn't open even when I do it from the icon bottom left. I don't see how, from what you just said it points to a PC issue. When I did get a pan displayed via the bottom left icon, it took close to a minute and I could never create an A slice, only B,C, D. One of the failure reasons in FlexLib for failing to open a pan is failure to get a receiver. When it fails at startup and succeeds manually, does it take about a minute to show and then there is no A slice?
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Six, if you have not counted me in already ;-).
    I cannot find any common factor in its occurance. Get it approx 1 start in 4-5.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I think it is actually 7 or more now. So this isn't a figment of anyone's imagination.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Yes, me too!
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Eric is compiling a list of environmentals. pls see:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/dialog-box-construction
    and add your voice and environment there, that way Eric only has the one place to look.
    I reported this after, upon startup, there was a pan displaying with no slice receiver. I noticed the bottom right rx dialog was malformed. It had no data in it, as there was no slice receiver. In the text of that thread, I articulated the 4 states left after startup. If any of those others resonate with you guys, add that information as well.

thanks,

Walt - kz1f

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.