Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR 1.4 does not scale up to full size of the monitor.

Options
EA4AK
EA4AK Member
Anyone experiencing the same problem?:  The maximize button on SSDR 1.4 does not scale the SSDR screen size to full size of the monitor. Only maximizes horizontally...  ...cant make it maximize vertically.
:(
Any idea?

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    What ratio using ? Or what solution H x V?

Have not problems here with my 2 screens. They have 1,6:1 and 1.77:1
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    up-scale works here also

Back to BARTG
  • EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Monitor is ASUS VH222 1980x1080. Same one I used with previous releases. Same hardware. This just happens after I installed 1.4 this morning. Maximized SSDR screen remains "very rectangular" without adjusting to monitor resolution. Tried already a 1366x768 & 1280x1024 monitors: same issue. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There are other posts related to related to this question.  We added a feature in v1.4 to mitigate an issue where when you go full screen, the bottom of the SSDR console window where there are user controls becomes obscured by the Windows task bar if there is one on the screen.  There is not an easy fix for this behavior, as if you Google it, you will see where many applications experience this same issue.  One would think that you could issue a simple windows system call to maximize the application screen and it would take into account the available viewable screen area and resize the window to fit that, but nooooo it doesn't.

After trying many different options, we ended up employing one simple technique to allow the entire SSDR console window to be accessible when in full screen most in most cases.  It isn't perfect, as there are a few compromises.

The difficulty comes in when you have many different monitor resolutions and DPI scaling options and where the task is located - essentially trying to determine the viewable screen area.  We have feature enhancement requests to see if we can address some of these issues in the future.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I have 1920 x 1080 and it full screen here, but if you to to Control PanelAll Control Panel ItemsDisplay and set it to anything larger than 100% it starts to drop things off the screen  This has to do with size inside the window.  Play with that and see if it has any effect. 

Dan --- KC4GO
  • EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks Dan... Tried your suggestion. No success.
    Tim, I understand what you say.... but this (if no fix right now) is a serious issue.
    In the 1920x1080 display SSDR only grows to around 70% of vertical size. See the screen capture. No way to make it taller than that.
    I am confident you will find a fix.
    Thanks.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Santos would it be a problem if you hit the maximize button so its actually in the smaller windowed version and drug the SSDR to the size you want. So in effect your minimize left button would still work and your maximize button (middle) would in effect maximize. You just would not have two window sizes.
  • EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Rich: 
    I am not sure I understand your recommendation correctly.
    Can´t increase the size of the SSRD full window beyond (in the vertical direction) a certain point. 
    I can resize the window and make it as large as I want horizontally ... but not vertically.
    It looks like Tim is aware of the issue.
    I will wait to a future release.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Santos in the small window you cant grab corner and drag it wherever you want?  I realize in the maximize position the borders are locked. But with the other position I would think you should be able to drag sides and top/bottom.
  • EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Rich: No, I cannot drag top/bottom to the limits of the screen.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thats not good. Not sure I have ever seen this in my 15 years in the IT business where you could not drag the small windowed version !  I have seen the maximize issue but usually you can change the size of the small window. Well hope you can get it resolved. Severally limits the use if a multi slice receiver.

I don't think it was mentioned but I would try to go to the chip manufacturer of your video card (nvidia,etc) and download the latest driver from there site.  Good luck Santos.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.