Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Memory Channels - Filling out empty blocks for memory channels ?

Mike - AG6BF
Mike - AG6BF Member ✭✭
Did I miss the part that tells how to fill out the empty blocks in the "Memory Channels" or is this an item for the future? 

Answers

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I don't think you can.  You have to go and setup that frequency the way you want and then open memory's and click add.

However you can Export the memories and create a CSV file. Then you just open it with a spreadsheet program and duplicate the lines changing frequency, mode,  and anything else you want changed. Then just import the file.

In my opinion there is a small bug in the memory application. You can drag columns around and they will stay in the right position for the rest of your session but as soon as you close SSDR then you lose this.

For me its important because I will probably never use FM and the bulk of the memory columns are FM related. I want to have the important stuff to the left.  The current sorting is hard to read.

• Mike - AG6BF
    Mike - AG6BF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Thanks Rich, I needed to be able to fill in the extra blocks so that I could identify the Freq. and type of signals by class then due a sort to functionally group them.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Mike just so you don't pull my stunt. I edited some memories in the CSV as well as directly.

If you should be inclined to change a memory from USB to LSB or other way around don't forget to change the +/- filter offset.  Because at first glance you would think the mode is not really changing as the filter highlight is on the wrong side of the center frequency.

I was looking for place to fill out bug report !!!  :(
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

It takes 3 slow mouse clicks in a cell that hasn't been highlighted yet to put it in edit mode to enter text.

• Mike - AG6BF
    Mike - AG6BF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Sometimes it does not pay to be in a hurry. I was just too fast for it. :(   , Thanks Mike
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Click faster ;-)
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    So how does one import and export this stuff? In the "manual" it says you can but not how.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Under profiles on top left choose import/export profiles and check off memory to export.image
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Thanks Larry!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.