Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Poor/Bad Transmit Audio Flex-6300

Options
2»

Comments

• dan
    dan Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That's great Howard. I'm using the Logitech right into the desktop. What mic profile do you use with your Logitech? I'm using *default FHM-1. My signal quality reports on my 6300 are my signal is stronger than my audio. However, I pushed up the mic gain slider up to 55.  I'm trying your EQ now. 73 Dan
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You also need to set mike gain to +20DB in the. Mike setup screen
  • Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I have the 6300 with Heil 781 mic.

Everyone said I had way to much base. I even heard myself on Youtube and could hardly understand what I was saying. I found someone who was willing to spend some time with me fine tuning the q settings. Here are the final #'s we came up with.

63/-10   125/-10  250/+2  500/-4  1k/0  2k/+10  4k/+10  8k/0

Now I get lots of great comments on my audio.

• Stu McLoughlin
    Stu McLoughlin Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    What was the low and high cut that you used?
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I use 150 as my lo,cut
  • Stu McLoughlin
    Stu McLoughlin Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks! - assuming 2900 as the high?
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I use 3200
  • Stu McLoughlin
    Stu McLoughlin Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Great thanks. Apprecaiet it. New to Flex and a minefield with audio! :-)
  • dan
    dan Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I was going bonkers because my audio reports said my voice sounded like I was in a steel drum with my 6300. Fooled with my computer's audio for a couple weeks. I was using a Logitech headset (on the computer) with one cable for both audio and the mic. That must have been the problem because I went to a more expensive computer headset with two leads and my signal reports are now good. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Lol, it all starts with the audio input. Remember the mic must be able to pick up your hole voice, top to bottom. Then after a little EQ it could sound very smooth. Glad you got it...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.