Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Control connected to SmartSDR via Mac and Parallels

Options
Jay -- N0FB
Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am attempting to use a Flex Control with my FlexRadio 6300 and SmartSDR 1.38 on my Mac and Windows 8.1 via Parallels.   During connection I re-direct the USB connection to Windows and not OS X.  Windows 8.1 sees the Flex Control and it configured itself  to Comm Port 3 (9600, 8-1-N).  I have since changed the port within Device Manager to port 50 per a posting I saw from Dudley who recommended this tact.

During connection, the lights on the Flex Control Light up.  As soon as the driver is loaded on Windows, the lights go out.  There is no Comm Port conflict that I can detect in Device Manager or SmartCat. 
Starting SmartSDR 1.38, the Flex Control is not recognized.  The lights do not light up.  You cannot assign functions to the buttons within SSDR 1.38.  Turning the knob does not change the frequency.  Pressing any of the buttons have no affect.
I'm looking for help.  Has anyone with a similar setup had this problem and circumvented it?
This individual Flex Control is from lot 1811.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have those issues running natively on Windows 7 x64 from time to time. I have also moved my FlexControl to port 50 and still get funky behaviour from time to time.

Have you actually enabled the FlexControl within SSDR? It's in the radio tab in radio setup. The lights going out is normal. If you press a button, the light comes on indicating that the knob is using that function. Press the knob and the light goes out again as the knob's default function becomes active again.

Came across this too https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/flexcontrol-not-connecting-under-parallels

I am not a knob expert by any means, but I hope I have helped.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Guy...you're a genius.   Working like a champ!!!  I completely missed the check box in the Radio Setup.  Thanks!!
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You're welcome.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.