Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need help connecting ethernet directly to MacBook Pro using Parallels

Alan - KA4B
Alan - KA4B Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have been enjoying the use of my 6500, but I have not yet discovered how to connect the ethernet cable directly from the radio to my Mac using Parallels so that I can see the radio.  I really need to do this because I have an off-grid installation and my inverter is quite noisy.  If I shut down the inverter and run on battery I need to be able to do a direct connection.  I have a MacBook Pro running Yosemite, and I am running the latest version of Parallels with Windows 7.  FlexRadio does not provide support with this issue.  Can any of you help?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/4948 May be of assistance. You will need to ensure the wired ethernet connection is bridged to your VM. Enjoy!
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have great success using a VMWare Fusion VM using 2 Network Adapters. The first adapter is set to "Share with my Mac" and the second is set to "Ethernet". The first adapter provides access to the internet via WiFi using my Cell Phone Hotspot. The second provides the direct connection to my 6500. You should be able to configure your Parallels VM to  have two network adapters. Good luck. 
  • Alan - KA4B
    Alan - KA4B Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Wow, it actually worked.  Thank you, George!

"http://kb.parallels.com/en/4948 May be of assistance."  This website gives the simple explanation and examples I needed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.