Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RCA TX1 Problem

Options
Lee - N2LEE
Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
After two weeks of solid operation all of the sudden I am having the "RCA TX1" issue with my 6300.  I know there are some old threads on this topic but I am not sure if this was ever  resolved.

I have tried numerous scenarios such as rebooting, resetting radio, reinstalling, etc. etc. It appears once you enable the RCA TX1 it will stay enabled until you change bands.

There is one consistent thing I have noticed and that is as long as DDUtil (3.0.9.03) is not running the problem does not appear. 

I have disabled all communication ddutil has with my amp and usb-8 board as a way to see if this is a CAT problem but it does not make a difference.

Tim, mentioned he added to the bug list and it might an issue for Steve (K5FR) but I wanted to know if Flex has been able to reproduce this problem.

Any insight ?

Lee

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    "There is one consistent thing I have noticed and that is as long as DDUtil (3.0.9.03) is not running the problem does not appear." 

That is a very important piece of the puzzle.  I suspect that DDUtil is changing the operating state of the radio some how (aka - it is doing exactly what it is being told to do).  Check for macros or something else that may be configured in DDUtil that could contribute to this behavior.
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Tim, when did programmers start writing code that does "exactly what it is being told to do" ?

What fun is that ?  hehe

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Check the "Auto Drive" settings in DDUTIL
    Is the ICON on the main window in DDUTIL Green "OPER" or Yellow " STBY or standby. 

I have seen this as well here once in a great while, togging the "Enable" check-mark in the "Auto Drive" tab seems to fix it here, I use Auto Drive here so that's the first thing I always check.

73's
    Bret
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Bret, thanks that was it.  I used the Chimpanzee method of troubleshooting. "If you push enough buttons something will happen."  :)

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options

Interesting about DDUTIL causing the RCA TX1 port to (appear to) stop working.  I can understand how a misconfigured DDUTIL could cause that to happen.  I had the RCA TX1 port on my Flex 5000 (appear to) stop working after being moved and stored in our basement for a few months.   I went as far as sending it back to Flex for diagnosis and possible repair.  Nothing was wrong with the hardware.  I had gotten a new computer to use with the '5000 and apparently had not made the new installation identical to the old.  Also, the old PC ran Win 7/64 while the new runs 8.1. 

The costly mystery is solved!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.