Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New SmartSDR v1.4 LAN REMOTE Preview Video

13»

Comments

• Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited November 2016
    And if you really want to have a fun conversation you can refer to this:
    Let's add the Z signals
    http://jcs.dtic.mil/j6/cceb/acps/acp131/ACP131F09.pdf
    Look up ZBM2

From my Navy Days 1962-1966... had to memorize all the Q and Z signals to get out of school along with 22 WPM in 5 character groups and type it letter perfect. Now the Navy doesn't have code (Radiomen and CT's) Just IT folks... It's all 1's and 0's.. 

Just some fun stuff.. I like it.. 

Dan --- KC4GO
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @ Gerald

If 1.4 has had a video made featuring it and your have had it running as you have said (overnight with 8 slices IIRC), I'd be MORE than happy to use it now and wait for a point bug release/official release to fix the memory leak.

It could be released with a 'no support' rider if necessary. Happy to sign an NDA if needed.

SSDR installs do not update each other but install in parallel so there is no problem reverting to a previous version.

I have one week to go before I go back to work after doing nothing for two months (spine surgery) and having 1.4 available before I go back will go some way to distract me from the apprehension of having to work for a living again, hi hi (soz Burt).

Obviously, I can wait until official release and I am gratified that your standards are so high.

With kindest regards and very best wishes.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @ Gerald

If 1.4 has had a video made featuring it and your have had it running as you have said (overnight with 8 slices IIRC), I'd be MORE than happy to use it now and wait for a point bug release/official release to fix the memory leak.

It could be released with a 'no support' rider if necessary. Happy to sign an NDA if needed.

SSDR installs do not update each other but install in parallel so there is no problem reverting to a previous version.

I have one week to go before I go back to work after doing nothing for two months (spine surgery) and having 1.4 available before I go back will go some way to distract me from the apprehension of having to work for a living again, hi hi (soz Burt).

Obviously, I can wait until official release and I am gratified that your standards are so high.

With kindest regards and very best wishes.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    It's a skill. I haven't mastered it either. I've done it, no idea how I did it though, that rarely slows me down. Just need to break it harder.

Jay - NO5J
  • Don-KB6TSQ
    Don-KB6TSQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Salvador and Jay,
    I normally do not run 4 receive frames....LOL.  But if you do, just shrink the size of the main flex window until they move side by side....or maybe mine is broken.
    Have fun!
    73, Don
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ok, thanks I will try tomorrow.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks
    I'll give that a whirl. or a squeeze.
    Jay - NO5J
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I talked with the Director of EMA in our county who is also a ham. He is setting up a new EOC that includes VHF/UHF and HF Amateur Radio, and seemed very interested in the LAN remote capability that will be released in 1.4. I will be giving him a demo once it is released and I have mastered it. Any suggestions I should include as part of a proposed 6300 EOC setup?
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    FLDIGI and FLMSG contains the ICS forms that are commonly used by emergency management.
  • K2ERA
    K2ERA Member
    edited March 2015
    what does WIDE mean in the picture on each panadapter?
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    From the manual... When zooming out with a FLEX-6000 radio there are certain points where the size of the data used to create the display on the screen will need to be doubled. As this occurs there will be more noise taken into account while processing the display which will cause a noticeable increase in the noise floor. The reverse occurs when zooming in on a panadapter. After zooming out to a certain point, the hardware will switch to wideband mode. When this occurs, any panadapters that are affected by this change will display "WIDE" in the top right corner to indicate that it is in wideband mode. When in Wideband the radio will open up the Bandpass Filters as wide as they can go for any panadapters or slice receivers that are using that Antenna. Note that the FLEX-6300 is always in WIDE mode and will not show this indicator.
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    It would be interesting to note if anyone actually notices a difference in receive (on a signal that they are listening to) when that happens.
  • K2ERA
    K2ERA Member
    edited March 2015
    Robert, thank you.  I have a 6300 that explains why I have never seen the WIDE message before.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited November 2016
    Regarding can you see/hear a difference. 
    I think it depends on the conditions and band, on 40 meters  where I spend a bit of time yes. I can tell the difference when I keep the bandwidth narrow out of the wide position, but I think that's only for the 6500 & 6700  Refer to section 7.3 of the FLEX-6000 Signature Series - SmartSDR for Windows Software User’s Guide.  For a description of the WIDE indication. 

Dan --- KC4GO
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    You need to contact Greg K5GJ @ FlexRadio directly and inquire.  He knows this landscape very well.
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Thanks, what is the difference that you notice on a particular signal? I would think that the band pass filter is for the entire 40m band and there is another for each ham band etc.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    You would be hard pressed to see or hear any difference in most cases unless you are in a high signal environment where you needed the attenuation to prevent ADC (SCU) overload.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Searching for a home in Fernadina Beach, FL. But seeing this was torture, having the 6700 in a  box and no antennas.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.