Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner trigger

Options
Jon_KF2E
Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
edited February 2015 in New Ideas
Would it be possible to add a port to trigger the tune function of SSDR? I use a Yaesu Quadra amplifier with my Flex and I would love to get it's tune function to work. When you press the tune button on the Yaesu it looks for a 60-80 watt carrier and initiates the tune cycle. The radio has a line on the back to provide a contact closure for the radio to initiate the tune. Unfortunately, the Flex has no input to provide this. Perhaps one of the TX outputs could be repurposed for this. In other words have one of the current TX outputs initiate 'tune' in SSDR on contact closure and release when it is dropped.

I tried to accomplish this with DDutil using a serial port and macros to key the radio into tune. Everything works but unfortunately there is so much latency that by the time the radio generates RF the tune cycle has failed.

I would guess this would be useful for many other tuners as well.

Jon...kf2e

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.