Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

LaCrosse Clock

Richard McClelland, AA5S
Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
This is way off topic for this forum but I thought some in this crowd would be interested in knowing that MacMall is selling a LaCrosse clock for $8.99 plus almost $9 in shipping.  $18 is still well below Amazon's prices. 

Here are details:
http://www.macmall.com/p/La-Crosse-Technology-Home-Decor/product~dpno~13337231~pdp.ijejigc

Let me know if this is not welcome here and I'll delete this post.

Comments

• Richard McClelland, AA5S
    edited June 2020
    No idea at all.  Cheap is the operative detail that I noted.  I ordered one for my cave/basement, so there won't be any possibility of using the solar power feature down there.
  • Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It runs off of a battery (AA) which is recharged from the solar cell.
    It's one of the few clocks I found which can be set to UTC.
  • Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It doesn't. At least my rechargeable battery didn't get charged by the solar cells so I replaced it with a regular AA which has been running fine for several years. It has a switch which enables one to chose between a rechargeable battery and a "normal" one. The clock I bought was a re-branded unit at Walmart and cost twice as much as this one. It's a good deal.
  • Len
    Len Member
    edited July 2015
    Richard   received my clock yesterday    just wanted to say thanks  appreciate you sharing

Len  WA7ZXZ
  • Richard McClelland, AA5S
    edited June 2020
    I received mine as well.  A bit smaller than I expected but it seems to be a reasonable clock. I saw some Wal-Mart branding on the package, so there is no doubt where MacMall sourced these.  No problem for me to receive the WWVB signals since their antennas are about 12 miles NE of me.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.