Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

static on panadapter when I tune

Len
Len Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
When I tune fast and drag the mouse from say 7180 to 7300 I get static on the panadapter this also happens when I use the tuning knob   This also happens when I drag the frequency filter?

athis goes away when I stop tuning  no real problem just wondering about it.  Not sure I know the right words to explain  radio is 6500

Len

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Maybe your computer is generating this noise. I have not noticed this noise on my 6500.

Jim, K6QE

• Len
    Len Member
    edited July 2015
    I do have the computer open  I make changes so often     I just took pictures I am going to try and post them   the 1st picture is normal     the second is when tuningimageimage
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I see this with the 6700.  Apparently, dragging the spectrum too quickly causes the audio to "drop packets" -- or something like that.  It's inelegant, but fairly harmless.  I haven't noticed it with the FlexControl or on the bandpass adjustment, but I haven't checked closely.

73 Martin AA6E
  • Len
    Len Member
    edited July 2015
    Thanks Martin otherwise works fine
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I personally dont think its static. I think its just how the analyzer refreshes as it "tries" to refresh the moving spectrum.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

I don't hear this "static" using the DAX and remoting with my portable computer. Is this noise you are hearing coming directly from the speaker output of the Flex?

Jim, K6QE

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Not static, but audio drop-outs or clicks.  I was using the internal audio outputs only. No DAX.
  • Len
    Len Member
    edited July 2015
    I don't hear any more noise when I tune like this only the video shows

Len
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Len

It's not pretty, but it's normal for now. The display can't keep up with the
    rapid change in frequency. The distorted trace in the panadapter should clear as soon as you stop dragging/tuning. It happens with my 6500 too. You have to stop tuning to operate anyway. If your just scanning around looking for signals, zooming out will let you see more of the band and then click tune and zoom back in. It's really just more detail than what the panadapter can display or that's my theory at least.
    You can also open 3 more panadapters to see more of the same or different bands.

Jay - NO5J
  • Len
    Len Member
    edited July 2015
    That sounds reasonable

Thanks Jay

Len WA7ZXZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.