Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.1.12 and the SmartSDR v3.1.12 Release Notes. | SmartSDR v2.6.2 and the SmartSDR v2.6.2 Release Notes.
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes. | Power Genius XL Firmware v3.4.16. | Power Genius XL Utility v2.2.10.
Official Position on Adaptive Predistortion
Periodically the topic of Adaptive Predistortion comes up for discussion on this community. Our team has been consistent in our position on this subject but sometimes it is useful to restate what has been said many times before in the interest of clarity. Here is a restatement of the facts:
The FLEX-6000 Series hardware has the necessary connections and internal RF port to port isolation to support adaptive predistortion software. We have verified that transmitter output to receiver input isolation (e.g. ANT1 to RXA) is >80 dB on all bands including 6m, which is more than ample to accommodate adaptive predistortion using an external amplifier in the loop.
FlexRadio remains interested in adaptive predistortion technology but we have not in the past nor will we now make a time frame commitment. Our internal engineering resources are 100% allocated to complete our published road map for v1.x releases through v2.0. We believe that the features committed in those releases are currently of higher priority to the vast majority of our customers than is adaptive predistortion.
- We periodically review and rank our software backlog and feature requests. We look at the ranked priorities and compare the development magnitude for each feature to the available engineering resources within a release cycle. Based on those factors, we make decisions on what features make the cut in the release planning process. So far adaptive predistortion has not made the cut. That doesn't mean it won’t make the cut in a future release.
Leave a Comment
- 65 Community Topics
- 1.9K New Ideas
- 137 The Flea Market
- 5.4K Software
- 4.9K SmartSDR for Windows
- 39 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 95 SmartSDR for Mac
- 144 SmartSDR for iOS
- 151 SmartSDR CAT
- 71 DAX
- 279 SmartSDR API
- 7.1K Radios and Accessories
- 5.8K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 562 Maestro
- 14 FlexControl
- 727 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 158 Power Genius Products
- 122 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 14 Power Genius Utility
- 22 Tuner Genius
- 43 Shack Infrastructure
- 22 Networking
- 95 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 50 Contesting
- 142 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 63 Amateur Radio Interests
- 422 Third-Party Software