Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

audio control panel- DAX selection on Input drop down

Chuck
Chuck Member
New 6500 out of the box yesterday, lovin it! Got DM780 working even.
I am looking for the adjustment to lower the audio input level to the xmtr, such as one would do on Digital modes (i.e. psk31) to prevent overdrive and drawing ALC.

On page 124 of the 6000 series software users guide, bullet item that says Audio Input drop down. It discusses the DAX selection vs MIC, BAL, or Line. When I look for DAX within that drop down DAX does not appear.  Should it? 

Chuck

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Chuck
    On the Same panel where you select MIC,BAL,LINE, and ACCY, Look to the right, there are 2 buttons +ACC, and DAX, To enable using DAX as the audio source click the DAX button and turn it blue. I'm assuming you have also found the DAX control panel icon in the desktop tray. Double click that icon and you can adjust the TX and RX levels of the DAX connections.

The drop down menu selects whichever hardware connection your using. The DAX button overrides the menu selection, and switches to DAX.

You adjust the level of a hardware input with the slider next to the menu. and adjust the levels of the software DAX connections on the DAX control panel.

Jay - NO5J
  • Chuck
    Chuck Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Jay,
    I got the level adjusted nicely with the DAX control panel.

Only other question I have then, is the information on page 124 incorrect? 3rd bullet down, It states that a DAX selection should be available within the Audio Input drop down (MIC, BAL, LINE, DAX).
    Maybe I am reading it incorrectly.

Anyway, thanks for your help. DAX control panel being a bit hidden did not trigger the brain cells.
    Now lets see if I can get WSJT-X and Fldigi to work.

Great radio for sure. Looking at 17 meters last night when the furnace kicked it, blower motor spurs all over the place. Will talk to my service man today.

Chuck W9NWR

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The info on page 124 is out of date and will be updated with the next release of SmartSDR.
  • Chuck
    Chuck Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Tim,
    Info appreciated.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.