Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How about another wiki?

Options
Jay Nation
Jay Nation Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in New Ideas
How about another wiki, just like the SmartSDR API wiki? Used for things such as collaborating on methods, tweaks, Best Practices, etc. The Community is great, but sometimes I want the information, without all the crowd noise. Articles that can be improved over time. and indexed, so it could be browsed. And, so the article can be referenced in the Community. Give each Author or team of Authors, password protected access to edit their own articles, and let, say Tim have master access so that he can also access/delete/edit the content as Flexradio see's fit to do.

Sometimes a lengthier writeup with pictures and sounds that can be redone and cleaned up as feature change from version to version would be real helpful. The Zen Desk feature is good too, but can users submit Zen Desk articles and can they come back later with edits? some of the Zen desk stuff feels a bit dated. Wiki's can do this. The search function in the community usually returns to many hits, and sorts them, I'm not sure how. With the Community a post about something useful/helpful gets stomped on by 10 ham's agreeing with you and claiming this was promised for version X.XX and 10 more claiming no your doing it all wrong, or hijacked into another thread of posts about Adaptive Predistortion, which has still not been added and it's already Tuesday. And no I didn't just sneak that in. with any ulterior motive. It will happen like all things, when it happens not before, not after.

No Rush! just a suggestion.

Comments

• Kirk
    Kirk Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jay,
    There isn't much group noise here and you will always get an answer to your question.  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FlexRadioSmartSDR/conversations/messages
    Regards,
    Kirk, K6KAR

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Oh I'm there already. Look under the rock next to the mud puddle,  It's forwarded as email and I look for new posts frequently all day long. Being a rock dweller I can sometimes be confused for  a mean old Troll, especially when I bite. I'm wiser and mellower now but I still wouldn't expect anyone to trust me around puppies and newbies. If I scare anybody just use the rock to bash in my skull, that's what its there for, after all. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.