Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 RX audio dropouts while dragging pan

N7BCP
N7BCP Member ✭✭
While dragging the pan adapter left or right the RX audio will sputter. When I stop dragging the pan then the sputtering stops and thr RX audio is fine. Are others having this issue on SSDR 1.3.8? I've installed the latest video driver from the video card manufacturer but no improvement. This may be a nit-pick as I don't generally care about RX audio while I'm scrolling the pan.

Comments

• dan martin
    dan martin Member
    edited January 2015
    I have a 6500 and can reproduce this (kind of) if the pan-adapter is very wide say 6.6 Meg to 7.2 Meg and I drag the display at some point a relay clicks and the receive antenna changes. Not sure why the RX antenna should change with out my request but it does. At that moment the Audio cuts out for a moment. In the picture below if I move the display to the right just a bit (where the frequency indicator is just over the D in WIDE) it will make the antenna switch. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We are aware of this issue and the recent work we are doing for SmartSDR v1.4.0 should mitigate the effect of audio drop outs when tuning (panning) the panadapter.  There may still be instance where changing the radio state will result in a momentary interruption of audio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.