Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

YAESU FUSION WIRES-X install issues

Kent HuffordKent Hufford Member ✭✭

Tried to install a YAESU FUSION WIRES-X box on a Windows PC. Could not get the software to see the audio from the wires box.

WE JUST fixed it. Deinstalled the FLEX SDR software and FLEX DAX software and drivers, and FUSION/wires-x box works fine.

No warnings on startup of the WIRES program and audio in and out of the conf rooms.

We tried everything. Did not think it was the FLEX/DAX drivers because they were not being used.

Kent

KQ4KK

Answers

• Stu Phillips - K6TUStu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 8
    My guess is that the Yaesu software can't deal with the number of audio devices enumerated by Windows when DAX is installed.

Yet another example of software written around a set of expectations that aren't always valid (like only a small number of audio devices in a system).  Lots of the digital mode software packages have the same problem.

GL trying to get Yaesu to fix this or even find a way to post a bug report to them.

Sorry but I think you are stuck.  It's a Yaesu problem, not a FlexRadio problem.

Sigh.
    Stu K6TU
  • Cal  N3CALCal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited February 8
    Hi Kent,

I just put a Wires-X Box online today as well and had the same issue!  I finally got it working once I uninstalled the FLEX SSDR software.   They do not want to co-exist on the same Windows machine.

Cal/N3CAL
  • Daniel DrolcDaniel Drolc Member ✭✭
    edited February 7
    I have sem problems with wire x and dax
  • KENT HUFFORDKENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited February 8
    Yes. The only way to make it work. Put wires-x on a different Windows Pc than a Flex.
  • Daniel DrolcDaniel Drolc Member ✭✭
    edited February 9
    I wonder if second sound card will fix this problem
  • bjn644 .bjn644 . Member ✭✭

I see this post is a few months old, has anyone found a fix for this issue ? I've tried 2 different computers and have 2 friends with the same issue. It appears the Wires-X software wants to use the virtual com ports that the Flex software installs.

• Phil M0VSEPhil M0VSE Member ✭✭

Not sure if anybody has tried disabling the unused DAX audio inputs/outputs but I have found that this fixes issues with various older software that only supports a certain number of audio interfaces.

73 Phil M0VSE

• Bobby PaceBobby Pace Member ✭✭

I had the same problem other than I already had the WiresX installed on my PC, when I downloaded the Flex SmartSDR my WiresX no longer would work, PC’s are cheap and I had a lot of other programs running on the PC so I just bought a new PC, I’ll put the WiresX on the new PC when I find the time, I’m hoping that will do the trick, my WiresX node it connectEd to a Repeater and the antenna is up about 450’ and I have friends that were using it 😎

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.