Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RTTY+Freq+offset+ n1mm+

Mike
Mike Member
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Need to get N1MM+ frequency and Flex frequency to display the same in RTTY -- need SSDR to display Mark frequency. I've gotten RTTY to work fine with MMTTY, 2-tone and N1MM+, DAX and SmartCAT except I cannot get the N1MM+ frequnncy and the FLEX dispaly (and click tune) frequency to be the same. N1MM+ displays the Mark frequency IF its placed on the bandmap from the outside, while SSDR displays the carrier frequency. If I put the station on the bandmap, it is there on the FLEX carrier frequency. Someplace I need to set an offset, but I can't figure out where. MMTTY allows one to display an offset frequency but that doesn't help SSDR or N1MM+ don't pick it up. 

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Mike,
      Until Flex provides a solution, I set  and enable the SSDR RIT/XIT to the AFSK mark frequency tone ( for me that's 2125hz )  then logging programs, spots and SSDR will all show the same frequency.

An additional consideration is that, by default, the SSDR files are centered on 1500 hz so you may wish to use 1415hz (DIGL) your mark frequency.

AL, K0VM
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks, Al. I've been using 1415 as my mark frequency. Your answer explains the RIT/XIT and second slice, split operation questions I've been seeing. I see how that puts internet spots on the correct frequency, but what about spots I generate? Wouldn't they show up incorrectly now? I use spotting mainly so I can skip over stations I have worked so I don't have to wait for an ID. Not a big problem on RTTY, as most ops ID every QSO.  --Mike, WV2ZOW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.