Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Working SPLIT

Michael Engstrom
Michael Engstrom Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Would love to see the XIT/RIT adjustable to 5 digits. This would allow simple "SPLIT" work instead of bring up an additional Slice Transceiver... an additional Slice that may not be available to some operators depending on their 6000. Some band and frequency limits would need to be checked against the X/RIT input values to keep things tidy. I reallly love this idea because the operator doesn't need to do any arithmetic. Since the XIT is visually outlined in Red within the pan-adapter, he/she knows where the transmit frequency is along with any other stations. Exact knowledge of the transmit frequency isn't required.
Loving my 6700!

All for the love of programing.

Michael Engstrom
AA7WM
0 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The RIT/XIT on my 6500 is able to do splits out to 5 Khz, which most of the time is adequate.  95% of the time this is how I do splits on CW & RTTY.  on Phone, I use it this way about half the time unless it is essential that I hear the "mob" in order to time my transmission, or if the split is greater than 5 KHz.  The Red TX stripe is very handy in pinpointing my target!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I DO wish that they had a "Check TX" button that would quickly shift the RX to the XIT frequency when desired!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    This is implemented in the upcoming SmartSDR v1.4
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Excellent!
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm real glad to hear this Tim.
    As I have a high total of rtty bandmodes, I only chase
    new ones. As does practically every other rtty op. This usually results in a large split .
    Great news Timmy....Sort of a belated Xmas Present. :-)

I will wait patiently....but at least I do have that rather complicated work around for wide splits.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.