Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

changing freq on logging software when you use a different "slice"

Don w2xb
Don w2xb Member ✭✭
When I have 4 slices up and running, is there a setting to change the frequency on my logging software when I change to slice B or C or E ? The logging software stays with the frequency on slice "A" when I change to a different slice. Using  "aclog" and "fldigi"

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I actually can't speak to that specific combination but I believe the existing CAT specification only supports the 'main' VFO and the 'sub' VFO. I know with HRD, specifically its logger with DDUtil, it only tracks slice A and B as 'main' and 'sub' respectively.

If I select transmit on slices c or d I have to turn off tracking and manually type in the frequency.

Walt - kz1f
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Don My guess is most logging software has no provision for numerous receiver's. Ian
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Don,

Depending on the logger you use, you can gain control over slice a and b.  for example, if you use NiMM+ and configure the CAT interface for the logger as FLEX5000RX2 and then set the logger up for SO2V operation, it will use slice a as the left radio and slice B as the right radio.

This isn't a full solution by any means - unfortunately we still live in a a radio VFO A/B world and the loggers reflect that until they take advantage of the radio's native API.

Stu K6TU

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Don - As Stu said, theses CAT enabled programs only are aware of VFO-A/B so to ensure compatibility, SmartSDR CAT emulates that paradigm and only works with Slice A and Slice B.  Slice A is associated with VFO A and Slice B is associated with the VFO-B.  No other slices work with SmartSDR CAT.  This is described in the SmartSDR CAT Software User's Guide.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I think if you use the N4PY software connected to an additional dedicated port there is a feature there where you can designate any slice as VFOA or B.  I don't know if that changes anything in SSDR itself or if its only an N4PY internal function.  But you can try it for free to test it out.

73 and GL
    Greg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.