Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 works very well on 50 MHz, love that ultra-low phase noise!

William Hein
William Hein Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Here's a YouTube video of FK8CP pounding into DM59pa last night almost 4 hours after my sunset. Ultra-low Flex phase noise allows me to take full advantage of my quiet location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XInI5jRSbbo 

Comments

• Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    yes i like it on 6 too my location in mo but looks like your locations nice and quite still looking for the nb  here too help fk8cp in the log here too this year on 6 looking for the new upload here mabe the nb
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    WOW!  Your noise floor is about 15-20 dB lower than mine on 6 meters!  I need to get busy implementing Howard's recommendations!  Of course, my antenna is a squalo on top of my chimney in the center of my house!  The T-11 LP is in process...
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Get an InnovAntennas LFA Yagi for 50 MHz if you want to drop your noise floor on 50 MHz and take advantage of your Flex. Search LFA Yagi and CT1HZE on YouTube and see what I mean.

The T-11 LPDA is a nice antenna, too.
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I am a co-owner of InnovAntennas, I should add...
  • KM0T
    KM0T Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I worked him too last night, but on my 5000.  Had to switch back to that for the NB ability.  Cant wait for 1.5!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.