Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.2.34 and the SmartSDR v3.2.34 Release Notes. | SmartSDR v2.7.3 and the SmartSDR v2.7.3 Release Notes.
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes. | Power Genius XL Firmware v3.5.23. | Power Genius XL Utility v2.2.10.
Mic Extension Cable (or, "I'm not beaten, just heading to try mobile...")
Hello Flex Community!
As a new Flex 6300 user, I deeply appreciate the help of the community members past & present (I've be trying to catch-up on relevant posts from the past to present). I have a challenge and some ideas about which I'm a hoping you might have some helpful comments or suggestions.
1. Is it reasonable to seek/make a 15' mic extension cable for my 6300 hand mic?
2. Is there any way to get the audio output (normally to the speaker or headphones) somehow carried by the signal on my Ethernet connection and decoded at the computer to allow me to listen through the computer? I am looking for 1 less cable as I am already using my computer "audio in" from the 6300 "line out".
I live in an urban forest of steel and concrete (high-rises all around), and am struggling with HF DX due to environment and antenna restrictions. Relatively speaking, the Pixel 1B helped tremendously. But--trying afternoons to early morning--I still can discern only some signals and only on 80 & 40M--and all of those are generally coming from nearby states. I suspect those are powerful stations.
Though I would not be able to regularly get away with these "violations" off the balcony, I tried 30'+ end fed and a tunable "balcony whip" antennas with identical, extremely poor reception results. The noise level is high.
Thus, to launch my DX adventure, I'm suspecting I'll have to "take it on the road." I'm not sure how far I'll have to drive outside of downtown Chicago, but I'm going to give it a try!
Thus, my questions about the cables relate to a potential mobile installation.
Leave a Comment
- 16.3K All Categories
- 77 Community Topics
- 1.9K New Ideas
- 160 The Flea Market
- 5.6K Software
- 5K SmartSDR for Windows
- 47 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 115 SmartSDR for Mac
- 153 SmartSDR for iOS
- 153 SmartSDR CAT
- 75 DAX
- 280 SmartSDR API
- 7.2K Radios and Accessories
- 5.9K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 576 Maestro
- 15 FlexControl
- 743 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 186 Power Genius Products
- 139 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 16 Power Genius Utility
- 31 Tuner Genius
- 50 Shack Infrastructure
- 28 Networking
- 109 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 55 Contesting
- 160 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 64 Amateur Radio Interests
- 447 Third-Party Software