Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is Full-Duplex possible on the 6000 series?

2»

Answers

• Ron Parsons
    Ron Parsons Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I have been doing exactly what you describe in your third paragraph with my 6300. Because of the danger you describe, I have automated the switching of the split IFs of my transverters using coax relays controlled by DDUtil and a USB-8 relay board.

Although no automation can guarantee error free operation 100%, using DDUtil (and soon to be replaced with a more flexible control logic), the mode of the satellite, U/V, V/U, etc. can be detected and ensure ANT1 is connected to the RX side of the transverters and the XVTR port is connected to the TX side if the split IFs of the transverters.

I look forward to full-duplex on my 6300 satellite system. Ron W5RKN
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Wow, we didn't see this coming!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.