Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ten Tec Centaur to 6300

Options

I am in need of some help.  I am trying to interface my 6300 to my TT Centaur Amp.  I am not doing so well.  On the rear of the amp , I have the following rca jacks:

Key In

Key Out

PTT/VOX

What goes where on the 6300.  I am confused.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Erich

NA3E

Answers

• Jim  KJ3P
    Jim KJ3P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I just connected my 6300 to an Elecraft KPA500 amplifier, and it was simplicity itself:

A standard RCA cable from the TX jack on the 6300 to the PA KEY jack on the amp. Sounds like your amp is labelled similarly...just a guess.  The Elecraft manual specifically recommends NOT using any ALC from the transceiver, so I left this connection empty.

Be sure you haven't changed the default settings on the Settings Menu "Transmit" tab. Should be "RCA TX1 Enabled."  I did not need any changes to the timings on this tab, so left the defaults of "0". But you may have to check your Centaur manual to see if it needs some sort of delay.
  • Erich Lucas
    Erich Lucas Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Jim,

Why was I over thinking this.  I was doubting myself that it would be that easy.  You were correct.  One RCA cable and that was it.  Thanks for the reinforcement.

Erich

NA3E

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.