Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR upgrade problem

Joe Veras
Joe Veras Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Radio: 6300
Computer: AMD A10-6800 16GB / Win7 - 64
Using Netgear WNDR4500 Router to radio

Problem: Installed SSDR 1.3.8 this morning. Radio worked great. Turned radio off (stopped SSDR) and when I restarted, a screen popped up saying I had to update the software. The only choice given was a "Downgrade" back to 1.3. Did that. Had to do a complete new setup.

Reinstalled 1.3.8. Everything working fine again after doing yet another new setup (as if I were installing everything for the first time). 

1.3.8 working great again. Stopped SSDR and turned the radio off. Powered it back up and . . . you guessed it . . .  Received the popup box saying I had to "Downgrade" Again. Very Tedious.

Help!!

Joe, K9OCO

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Are you selecting the appropriate program icon?  If you select 1.3.0 rather than 1.3.8 it will do a downgrade.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Hey I had the same issue. I was clicking on the 1.30 icon on my desktop and not the 1.38 one. That happens first thing in the morning with no coffee
  • Joe Veras
    Joe Veras Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks, Tim and Steve-
    I'll check after supper. I'll bet I clicked the older icon, but will check it again to be sure.
  • Joe Veras
    Joe Veras Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Duh . . . That was it, guys! Thanks-

Joe, K9OCO
  • JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014

Personally, I remove old version shortcuts from my desktop as soon as a new one goes on, Then late at night I don't click the wrong one and expend excess energy saying the words "why me?" and jumping up and down :-)

I know why Flex doesn't remove them so depending on how you work with your desktop this solution might work.

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I think a bunch of us have been "burned" by that one!  Each new level installs its own code and icons, leaving the previous one there.  I'm guessing that was intentional so you could backlevel it easily, if needed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.