Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sherwood Engineering rates Flex 6700 as #1

2»

Comments

• Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I notice the Sherwood results are not on the Flexradio homepage. Is it that bragging rights are forbidden by agreement with Sherwood (or otherwise), or is Flex modest? Inquiring minds want to know. This is, after all, Texas, where bragging is perhaps the only homegrown fine art.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi hi!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    np2g, your right..lol I think the reason most Flexers are not asking for it is because they don't know what it is. For me it is not a deal breaker but it is an area where Flex will soon fall behind in the SDR market.
  • Greg - K5GJ
    Greg - K5GJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Sergey - I don't see your purchase in our Direct Sales database so I'm assuming you purchased from a dealer.  Your dealer should be contacting you directly to arrange for the Product Enhancement process.  Please note that this is ONLY for radios manufactured before June 11, 2014.    Please send me a direct email to greg@flexradio.com if you have questions.  I can look up by serial number.  73, Greg - K5GJ
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    How do I know if my F6700 is subject to this PEN?
    Thanks,
    Tom, 9A6TKS
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    What about the 6300?
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The 6300 will not have the same level of performance as the 6500 and 6700 because it uses a lower speed ADC and does not have preselectors.  It will still be in the top class of receivers and transmitters.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    What is "pure signal" ?
    Andy K3UK
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Adaptive Pre-Distortion. A method of pre-distorting your initial signal in order to counteract anomalies and distortion in the transmitter, amplifier chain, etc. it can reduce transmitter IMD greatly. I suspect we will see this developed shortly after v. 2.0 brings us full remote capability. My guess is that ultimately it will be better on the FLEX than in the competition.
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Pure signal Adaptive or whatever flex will call it Cleans up your adjacent or opposite signal. What it provides to you the user is transmitted power not wasted in. the IMD. Clean sounding audio. No distortion. Smaller footprint. Better use of the frequencies. This technique you already have if you use a cellphone. Yep Remote. Capabilities are just fine. For us to use this technique it would affect for the better every ssb or digi communication. That is a profound impact

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.