Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I think I found why I couldn't transmit any DAX. Maybe Operator error???

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I lost transmit DAX. Reinstall of DAX was not fruitful. This morning I was able to restore Dax to transmit mode.
This MAY have been operator error, but I could not find any mention of this requirement in the Documentation.
As the DAX Control Panel is not normally opened on the screen I did not notice that the RED TX button was not activated.
Today I again removed and re-installed DAX. This time I kept the Control Panel in view.
Operating WSJT-X and called CQ.
When WSJT-X went into transmit mode, I noticed that the RED X on the DAX Control Panel was not 'lit'. A mouse click lit the RED X and immeadately DAX went into transmission Mode.

I am pretty sure, that I did NOT have to manually activate the TX Button on the DAX Control Panel
A search of the documentation about DAX did not reveal any indication that I had to manually enable RED TX on the control panel.

I assumed (I know) that when transmission was activated and SSDR went into Transmit mode, that it would also activate Transmit Mode in the appropriate Audio Stream Slice.
To me at least, this was a logical assumption.

Guess I was wrong. But it should be.
It seems to me if you are doing any form of Digital Mode, When the software initiates a Transmission, and the BIG TX AT THE BOTTOM OF SSDR IS ACTIVATED. It is logical that it would activate the TX button for that slice in the DAX Control Panel.
Am I wrong? Or did I miss this in the documentation?
I'm still looking and have not found it.
But, I again have all modes working again.
As a few other have reported the loss of DAX, maybe they should make sure that both the BLUE Slice number button and the RED TX button in the DAX Control Panel are 'activated'
Or
Anytime in SSDR  a slice is selected to operate a digital mode (DIGU or DIGL) for whatever flavor of digital program, both the slice selection indicator (blue #) and the Transmit (red X) buttons should be enabled. Or at least...
If for some reason they were previously disabled, a warning popup should ask if you wish to enable.

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Suggestions

1. Save a profile for each of your digital modes per band - this should save your DAX Settings

2. I normally just automatically enable XMT a for all DAX channel s. I like your idea of a pop up warning
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have had several occasions where after bouncing around the bands, or closing and reopening SSDR, I needed to either close and reopen DAX, or at least turn the DAX RX and TX buttons off and on. Sometimes it took closing and reopening the buttons for a slice that I was not using before the selected DAX channel would work. It seems as though something in the DAX control logic went "glitchy" in the last update. I have always been able to get it working, but it sometimes has taken a couple of minutes. Once I got the routine down, I can do it fairly quickly. But it would be nice if it wasn't necessary. Nevertheless, I am having more fun on digital modes than ever before, and VOX on DAX when running SSB is nice for experimenting with third party audio processing software! I am confident that they will get it sorted out soon.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    where are profiles stored. and I'm thinking they have the standard .pro suffix???
    But I can't seem to find them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.