Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Reverse Log spectrum scale for audio analysis?

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in New Ideas
With so much interest in SSB audio quality, and the ease of adjustment in the TX EQ, I thought it would be nice to have a "Spectrum" display available that has a reverse Log scale corresponding to the EQ bands, where the distance between the 63 and 125 is the same as the distance between 2K & 4K, etc.  This would make it much easier to see the adjust the various sliders and see the effect they have.  As it is, I can hardly tell from the graph what an adjustment at 250 Hz is doing.  (Of course, I use my ears and record myself, but as a visually oriented person, I would love to SEE it.)  This could be implemented on both SmartSDR and PowerSDR.
5 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Excellent idea Ken. I'm still working to iron out my audio problems with my 6300.

Roy - W5TKZ
  • W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited April 2016
    This idea is so good I wish I had thought of it. 
    While they are at it give us another notch or two of zoom!

Jim
    W4YXU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.